[Rhodes22-list] Flat Tax Anyone?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Jan 12 18:35:21 EST 2007

Just to add some perspective to this taxation discussion. Eight years ago  or
so the IRS informed me that I owed them almost $27,000.00. I hired an
attorney to fight for my rights and the whimp simply wanted to settle with the  IRS
for a lesser amount. I fired his ass and took on the IRS by myself. It was
not fun. They attached to my bank accounts, put a lien on my house and
threatened me with jail. We ended up going to arbitration and I won.  They got not one
cent more than I had already paid. Again, it was not a pleasant  experience,
but I had the right to fight for what I thought was legally correct.
Personally it was embarrassing to have my name show up in the paper with tax  liens
and my checks started bouncing when they froze my bank accounts. No sir,  not
much fun.

Rummy