[Rhodes22-list] Newspapers - Brad - Slim

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Jan 18 15:29:20 EST 2007

Slim:

     Consider that many of the Newspapers are owned by comglomerates and
managed by journalist.  Who are the journalist who report and write for big
newspapers?  Generally liberals, you know like those on this list.  Who are
the readers?  For the most part not as liberal.  Who are the advertisers?
The very same businesses who the liberals bash.  Hum?  A clue to another
reason besides computers.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA

TN Rhodey wrote:

> Slim,
>
> I canceled our paper about 6 months ago. I don't miss it at all. Plenty of
> info on line.....try magazines for your time on the throne.
>
> Wally
>

>>From: Slim <stevenalm at comcast.net>
>>To: Rhodes22-list <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
>>Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Newspapers - Brad
>>Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:37:35 -0600
>>
>>Brad,
>>
>>My favorite local rag, The Star Tribune AND the St. Paul Pioneer Press are
>>both going down in flames.  The Strib was just sold in a rushed deal the
>>day
>>after Christmas to pay for MaClatchy's CEO, Gary Pruitt's capitol gains
>>taxes.  After only a few weeks now both papers are shadows of their former
>>selves with newsmen running for the door like lemmings.  Now would be a
>>good
>>time to try to lure your favorite Strib columnist, Katherine Kerston to
>>Memphis.  (The only good news.)
>>
>>Papers across the country are losing readership because more are getting
>>their news on the web.  Or is it more are on the web because papers are
>>providing less?  Note: Minneapolis is the most web-connected city in the
US
>>per capita.  I won't read 32 pages online but I will in print.  A lot of
>>folks read themselves to sleep at night.  I read myself awake and that
>>coffee and paper thing has been a mainstay for ever.
>>
>>Sadly, I no longer feel I'm getting my money's worth from the Strib and
I'm