[Rhodes22-list] BVI bareboat

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Jan 19 17:33:48 EST 2007

The only credentials you need are fungible money.  There are a lot of
people sailing bareboats who know less than you.

You get what you pay for in the boats.  The more expensive places have
more good boats.  As you slide down the scale its more of a crapshoot.

Pretty much everybody comes in on the same day, and then sails around
the islands in the suggested order.  This creates mooring shortages at
specific locations during the high season.

The weather can be iffy in the off season -- too cold and windy before,
too hot and buggy after.

I did it once.  I was underwhelmed.  I prefer sailing my R-22.

Bill Effros