[Rhodes22-list] Rob on southeast coast chartering

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 15:26:42 EST 2007

I wasn't the one that posted, but I have heard good things
about OFFSHORE in sunny FL.  Here is a link to hteir
"live-aboard" course.  You get your ASA103/104
certification and live on the boat (so you don't need to
get a hotel room).

http://offshore-sailing.com/cruising-live-aboard.asp

Once you have the ASA document you shouldn't have any
problems anywhere else.  I even found a corsair as a
bareboat charter. the owner/captain did want me do 1/2 day
with him since I never chartered a multi-hull before, but
otherwise he was happy with ASA 101, and quick buz word
verbal test.

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow