[Rhodes22-list] BVI bareboat

Tatflies at cs.com Tatflies at cs.com
Sat Jan 20 14:55:41 EST 2007

Rex,

We used Ample Pantry's menu to order what we thought we needed. Next time, we
will order less "main course" items. We ended our cruise with a lot of food
and we also threw some away during the trip.

My thoughts about the moorings is that you should not rush to get to the next
destination just to beat the other boats there. When we were there the number
of moorings at each bay were exceeded by the number of boats. However, the
boats that arrive later, enjoyed more sailing! They anchored! We only anchored
one night because we (Eddie) were always in a hurry. The BVI's are no place to
be in a hurry. Anchoring is very easy.

I am not sure if it still there, but one place we really enjoyed was Sidney's
Love and Peace Bar in Little Harbor on Jost Van Dyke. An honor system was
used for alcohol. Somebody would come to your boat the next morning to collect.
It was more peaceful in Little harbor, and a nice walk to Foxy's. We actually
hitched a ride with the only policeman (and car) on the island to Foxy's.

Tom T.