[Rhodes22-list] To Ron Lipton

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Sun Jan 21 20:47:30 EST 2007

Ron,

After a year,how do you like your Nissan  outboard? Did you get the long shaft (25") ,or the 20" ? I bought the 6 HP with the 20" shaft. I haven't had any problems, other than it seems to be over propped.It never seemed to get up to full RPM,at a little past half throttle,I couldn't gain any more RPM's. Last year I bought the 4 HP prop for it,put it on,and enjoyed a big difference. It's slower at an idle for docking,and gets to full rpm and probably an extra pony lives in that higher rpm range. I think I might have lost a little in MPG,but at 6 gallons a year,I can budget for it.

Jerry Lowe