[Rhodes22-list] To Ron Lipton

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 21 21:30:40 EST 2007

Jerry,

   I got the 6hp long shaft.  If you remember there were some initial
oil burning problems.  Those went away after the engine was broken in.
Last year the engine lost power and would die if I tried to go past
1/3 throttle.  That was fixed by cleaning out the carb and replacing
the spark plug.  I had heard that the fours are very sensitive to
gas quality and that was likely the problem.  I used fuel stabilizer,
but I only used one tank all summer and there may have also been
problems due to water absorption.  Next year I will rotate my gas
more often.

   You are probably right about the engine being over-propped. I also
rarely go to fully RPM and would not mind going slower at idle.  I will
check out the 4hp prop.  Thanks for the advice.

go bears,

Ron