[Rhodes22-list] Re: Sky Car

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:13:59 EST 2007

Bill,

Funny!  Actually, the stuff is nothing more than gun oil but when atomized
in a carb or fuel injection system it burns carbon off of valves.  Sticking
valves from all the lead in so-called 100 low lead is a big problem in old
engines like my Continental E-225.  As an oil additive it is highly
detergent, which helps clean out crankcase deposits.  You only want to use
it in small doses near oil change time in older engines (mine doesn't have
that much time since overhaul so not a problem). There is a similar FAA
approved additive which costs five times as much since it is government
approved.  I'm sure it is five times as good though.  Of course, I only run
the government approved stuff myself!  The guys who run low compression
radial engines swear by MMO.  They pay $30K plus for overhauls and don't
dink around with ideas that haven't proven to work.  So here's the choice;
MMO or a rabbits foot?

Brad