[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes22 Stats

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Jan 24 14:32:13 EST 2007

Here's something I haven't seen before.  It was posted 9-1-06 by a guy from
Pontevedra, Spain on the Boat Design Forum of Boatdesign.net:

Using numbers at http://www.rhodes22.com/spec.html , I get for the Rhodes
22:

Length/Beam ratio (Lfl+Lh)/2B = 2,63
Ballast/Disp Ratio Ball/Disp = 0,24
Displacement/Length Ratio D/L = 161,47
Sail Area/Disp. Ratio SA/D = 16,52
Power/ Disp. Ratio HP/D = 6,9 HP/ton
Hull speed HSPD = 5,99 Kn
Potential Maximum Speed PMS = 6,8 Kn
Velocity Ratio VR = 1,13
Capsize Safety Factor CSF = 2,25 (OK under 2)
Motion Comfort Ratio MCR = 13,51

Angle of Vanishing Stability AVS = 114 º
Heft Ratio HF = 0,64 (OK over 1)
Roll Period T = 1,4 Sec
Roll Acceleration Acc = 0,27 G's (Malaise 0.1+)
Stability Index SI = 0,57 (Comfort: 1 – 1,1)
Guillermo Gefaell
Motorsailers & Motorsailing
Banjer 37 Motorsailer Club

At this year's Annapolis Boat Show I mistakenly described the Rhodes22's
stability as "tender."  I was corrected and now describe it as "spirited."

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Crab Alley (Kent Island, MD)