[Rhodes22-list] Watermusic sings!

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 20:55:19 EST 2007

She looks very sweet elle, but are you able to wait that
long until she arrives back home? :-)

take care, and good luck limiting your first Spring trip to
just 20 friends!

--- elle <watermusic38 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> HI, all,
>
> The 'baby' is just about ready to come home to
> mama....It appears that all the logistical problems
> have been surmounted.
>
> She is now back at GBI waiting  to be delivered in the
> spring. The engine is a Tohatsu 9.8, and is rigged
> with ignition and kill switches in the right coaming
> compartment; the gear shift and throttle are mounted
> on the pedestal. I only have to lean over the back to
> work the choke.
>
> I've attached pictures to show the engine setup & also
> one of GBI's modifications.
>
> Difficulty in rigging the engine came from several
> areas. I believe the biggest obstacle was the fact
> that the throttle & gear cables are stiff and did not
> want to accomodate to the conditions presented by the
> travel of the lift.
>
> Allowing for the travel of the motor lift necessitated
> that the cables have some length to them (he ended up
> using 13' cables) and the small amt of clearance from
> the front of the engine to the transom & lift left
> little room for the cables to reside w/o being bent or
> squished. (Again...these problems were unique because
> this boat has a wheel.)
>
> I do have to gently hold the lg.cable (throttle & gear
> shift) back from the top of the lift when raising the
> engine...but that is not difficult.
>
> The other wires you see near the waterline (with the
> fuel pump bulb)also needed to be long to allow the
> engine to travel. I will have to secure those with a
> piece of line to the small cleat to the left of the
> lift when the engine is in the lower position.
>
> I'm investigating having the rudder/engine connector
> put on...
>
> The other picture shows the pedestal & table, with the
> helm seat modification & footrest made by Dido at GBI.
> They did glass under the laz cover...but it needs more
> reinforcement as the lid still flexes quite a bit if
> anyone larger than  I sits in the seat.
>
> The pedestal closeup shows the radio mount on the left
> (the antenna cable is on the other side of the
> pedestal), the gear & throttle controls on either side
> of the compass, compass & depth indicator. There is
> aslo a wheel brake on the pedestal.
>
> There is still plenty of room in the cockpit for at
> least 20 of my closest friends!
>
> elle

> The fish are biting.
> Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search
> Marketing.

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php>
Name: engine rigging.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 36247
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200701/25/enginerigging.jpg
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200701/25/pedestalhelmseat.jpg
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200701/25/pedestal.jpg