[Rhodes22-list] Watermusic sings! Bill & Rummy..sincere thanks

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 14:48:56 EST 2007

Rummy,

I more than appreciate your comments; in fact, you
echo what I brought up when I went down on Wed to GBI.
(Stan wasn't there..) I felt (and still feel ) that
the seat is too high...yet, I need to be able to see
over the cabin top (pop top down) when seated. I've
tried an 8" foam helm seat that we have & it was still
not high enough. I suspect that I will mostly stand at
the helm and lean against the seat, especially if
winds are strong or fluky, sitting only during times
of extreme boredom.

I was accompanied by a sailing friend of long
standing, and we've decided to let the seat adjustment
go until she is launched. I can then get a good idea
of sight lins from the helm. It will be not a problem
to cut the support stem a few inches to lower it, and
we will most likely do so.

Bill, thank you also for the information on jib
control from the helm. That is excellent advice and
will add it to the list (see below.) As for
heaving-to, I will have to relearn that and many
things that I have simply forgotten from lack of use
in the past few years.

(My friend spent two hours going over the boat &
making a three page list of what I need to learn, find
in my collection of boat stuff, make, store & acquire.
)

Again, I am most appreciative of your comments &
welcome them all.  The beauty of this list is the
collective knowledge of its many accomplished members.
I am willing to listen to all.

elle