[Rhodes22-list] Watermusic sings!

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 08:09:45 EST 2007

Hi Wally

yes I expect the Irwin & Rhodes to handle differently
(though I haven't sailed in a Rhodes yet - only got to sit
in one trailered at the Annapolis show).

I only wrote about the Irwin assuming people expect the
bigger boat to be a tad more stable than the Rhodes; and
yet I still keep to windward while at the helm, just
because, as you said "things can change quickly" :-)  And
like the Rhodes, the Irwin has it's main sheet and traveler
just behind the helm, so it's easy to keep a hand on each.

Sometimes I sit directly behind the wheel, when we are
sailing flat or motoring out of the river into the bay.

happy WEEKEND! Hope you get to out today!