[Rhodes22-list] Watermusic sings!

Slim stevenalm at comcast.net
Sat Jan 27 05:33:03 EST 2007

Elle,

I usually prefer to sit down in the cockpit rather than up on the gunnels
and I'll bet you'll find it very comfortable steering with the wheel sitting
on the port or starboard cockpit benches as well.  Depending on conditions,
you usually want to tack your body for ballast--esp. single-handing--and be
prepared for lots of time when you won't want to be in the binnacle seat.
But what I really like is that without a tiller in the way, crossing over
should be less cumbersome but the footrests might be a trip hazard.

Do you have some kind of extension to reach the wheel at those times you
want to sit up on the gunnels?

Slim