[Rhodes22-list] RE: Electronic Charts

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Jan 29 17:24:25 EST 2007

Captain Connolly:

     I will download and try tomorrow.  You get three free looks and then
they want $19.95, which is less than Map Tech $49.95.  On the map tech and
nav tech free viewers you seem to be only able to see the sample chart that
they send with the download.  Map tech lets you see the charts on line.  All
of this because my local chart store that carried stuff beyond Lake Hartwell
and Lake Keowee closed.
      Actually, I will look for one of those books that contains all the
charts for the local coast when I get down their.  Maybe Bill W. is secretly
planning to leave from Charleston to the Bahamas next time?  He does not
want to tell Art what he is about?
       I posted that information on the Constellation because there is a
program that they have that allows visitors to stay overnight.  Bob Skinner
never checked out the details.  He could have gone down and stayed
overnight.  However, if Slim had trouble getting into a berth, maybe Bob is
chicken to try, and stay overnight.  You would have thunk that somebody
would have contacted that organization about details for staying over night?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.hnsa.org/edprog.htm