[Rhodes22-list] South Sarasota Sailing (or alliteration run amuck!)

Julie Rodriguez uncatch22 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 12:55:20 EST 2007

Hi Dave,

Though not very vocal in this group, I am in the Sarasota/Bradenton area and
am very active with my yacht club (Bayshore Gardens Yacht Club) and with
other sailors around here. I have also been sailing in the bays and Gulf
from Cape Coral to Marco Island and back with one of the clubs down that
way, and spent a week cruising that area in November. I have made friends
with many *very* experienced sailors on this coast over the past year. I
will happily send out the feelers to get some more info for you and send it
along if you like.

Are you planning to move or are you looking for coastal cruising ideas? I
just helped a friend relocate his boat from Marathon Key to the Bradenton
area and can tell you there are many options up and down the west coast
south of Sarasota for dockage and just dropping the hook in little bays
overnight especially when you have a shallow draft. Unfortunately, I have
not been able to sail my Rhodes 22 in these waters much, but hope to do so
very soon. I've spent most of my time lately on 28 to 44 foot sailboats that
draw 5 feet or more.

If you have more specific questions, send them to me on the side and I will
try to get the answer or hook you up with really experienced people who can
give you more detailed info. And when you make it down to this neck of the
woods, do get in touch. We have a great little club and a whole lot of fun
sailing.

Sea you!

~ Julia

Rear Commodore, BGYC