[Rhodes22-list] Katrina Update

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 20:11:55 EST 2007

Rik,

You got it, that was pretty much my point. BTW, when I took
a look at the SuperDome.com website and checked their
events calendar, I didn't see much.  Looks like the Saints
played 31-Dec-06, and the next scheduled events are the
Mardi Gras Marathon (exterior of Dome) the end of February,
and then the Home & Garden show on MARCH 29th.

Anyone think we can get Strictly Sail to hold an event
there to help them out?  I guess if the hotels were rebuilt
then some out of town money might make it into the city
too!

I know it's still pretty sad down there, I wish them well.
After Isabelle hit the Chesapeake Bay my CAP squadron was
passing out water and applications for assistance to people
stuck in flooded homes.  the destruction wasn't as wide
spread, but if it's your house that is gone - well that is
just about everything.

When Katrina hit our squadron was on standby, but at that
time I was too big a chicken to let the kid go. As parents
we were way too uneasy about letting our son go if the
squadron got the okay.  My uncle lives there, and between
him and the news media; there were just too many stories of
crime and crazy stuff to give the okay (We were secretly
happy school had started and could use that as
justification). So we sent some money to he RC and didn't
get our hands dirty.

=== message truncated ===