[Rhodes22-list] Standard main rigging

foredeckguy gary_lockhart33 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 11:15:08 EDT 2007

John,
I looked at your traveler pictures and it seems to be a good approach. My
backstays have the crimp fittings for the traveler bar end caps but the caps
were removed so now I have to figure out how to attach the bar.
The block you see under the middle of the boom is the top of the main sheet
and the track is mounted just outside the cabin entrance. I really want to
relocate the sheet to the end of the boom like you have. The current
location makes it impossible to safely single hand the boat.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11382615/sail6.jpg

The block ( I think it is called a turning block?) I'm wondering about is
the one about 18 inches from the end of the boom (there is also a horn cleat
about 3 feet away). Any idea about these parts?

Thanks for your help.
Gary
s/v Coquina '79 Rhodes Continental