[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailers

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 5 18:05:04 EDT 2007

What do you mean - beginning...

I have ordered vinyl, 20 mil, to make front dodger like panels in time for the show.  Question: Do you think necessary for the sides of the pop-top?  I'd really like to figure out how to give the BR visibility during the Annapolis and St Pete shows - currently planning to have my Rhodes in Annapolis during the show.  Would an adjacent slip make sense?

I quite honestly think the boom room option enhances the attractiveness of owning the R22.  You have noticed my total focus on the R22, not the new boat - I want to help in getting this quality message across about our boat - and the potential flexibility for cruising/racing, etc.  It doesn't bother me one bit that the boom room is chapter 2.

Back to the vinyl - it is a necessary PIA due to tricky fabrication.  That is why the cost of the PTE is so high, very labor intensive.  I have thought about doing a PTE with zippered panels but suspect that PTE should eventually be displaced by the full BR design.  Yes, the vinyl, Bruce Greenwald, Bill Effros too, want the side curtains done 1/2 in clear vinyl, 1/2 in screen and/or vinyl.  It has been low on the screen so far because of the 'full' BR priority.  I now feel the top design is fully refined and will look at that split side curtain for pre-show completion.

FYI, remembering Slim's remarks about the 'chicks' not wanting to spend the effort setting up his unit, I can understand why.  The top installation is really slick and easy now, and the curtains easy as well, although there are eight separate curtains.

Last option I have mentioned to you before - a stand-alone SS tube frame just below the boom.  It does not restrict the sailing capability.  It does make the IMF furling a little slower.  Mine has been working well for many months.  This makes the BR top an excellent bimini alternative.

Re. window panel pricing - what would be reasonable in your opinion?

Re prospects - I suspect Peter, Jim Barron, and Elle may come through in '08.  I'd like to get some production into Winter, like you.  The pre-Summer last minute decisions got close this year.

Like always, my warm regards to Rose,

Art