[Rhodes22-list] Question for Brad about Iraq Information (political)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 13:50:38 EDT 2007

Wally,

It has been a long day starting at 5am and I was hoping you'd have this
thing wrapped-up by now.  I'll make my comments brief.  We went to
Afghanistan with some outside support because that is where al-Queada was
and that is who attacked us.  Based on the Soviet experience, we knew it
would be tough and it has been.  We launched an assault on Saddam because he
was a know sponsor of terrorism in the Middle East with a history of
actually using WMD.  We were not joined by the usual Western allies because
they either had financial ties to Iraq or political liabilities. We achieved
quick and easy victory over Saddam.  What has proven far more difficult is
securing the peace.  Now your attitude is that we should have paid more
attention to Afghanistan.  Why, because al-Queada is there?  Well, al-Queada
is now in Iraq and that is where we will fight them.  Frankly, I don't give
a shit (sorry Dave) about who wins whatever office the next political
season.  Few of them have any sense of history anyway.  We have seen this
cycle of Muslim fanaticism at least three times in world history.  As the
author of the piece I posted last night said, we Americans have a way of
postponing the inevitable until the last moment.  I remain confident that we
will prevail again, or at least I hope we do.  For those of you with
amnesia, here is the indoctrination we incurred for years on Saddam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNgaVtVaiJE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Finstapundit%2Ecom%2Farchives2%2F004634%2Ephp

Brad