[Rhodes22-list] List etiquette

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Jul 12 15:54:48 EDT 2007

Rummy,

Since I joined this list about a year ago, we have had many of these "list
purpose" discussions.  As a newcomer, I accepted the "rules" and the
behavior.  I have 3 inbox folders for the R22 list:

    1.)    Rhodes22
    2.)    Rhodes22:Political
    3.)    Rhodes22:Humor

with Outlook Express "mail rules" to sort the incoming mail based on the
subject line.  I always read the first folder and look at the other two when
time permits.  If I don't like a thread, I may just delete all of the thread
posts.  This is why it is imperative that the subject line be appropriate
for the content.  If you don't like political stuff, just send it to the
Deleted Items folder.

As I have said before, the wide variation of materials give the list it's
flavor and appeal.  It also helps to form an image (and somtimes an opinion)
of the person on the other end of the email.  We are free to agree, disagree
or not take part in the discussion.  I would not want it any other way.

These complaints remind me of folks who purchased homes near airports and
then complain that the airport traffic generates so much noise that they
have trouble having outdoor parties and the airport shouldn't allow such
disruption.

My $0.02.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)