[Rhodes22-list] Economics - More Good News

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:45:50 EDT 2007

Yesterdays record S & P was indeed good news!  Anyone look at the
performance of their 401K lately?  No one needs to explain to me the
fundamental weaknesses of the current economy, but by all conventional
yardsticks, things look good.  If we had some fiscal discipline from the
Congress and especially the White House, we could cut taxes again.  Alas,
that won't happen.  But the previous tax cuts and the robust economy that
has resulted has made significant reductions in our debt load.

Total US Deficit

2004 - $413 billion
2005 - $318 billion
2006 - $248 billion