[Rhodes22-list] Three Holy Men and a Bear (Religious humor)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 08:45:19 EDT 2007

A Priest, a Pentecostal Preacher  and a Rabbi all served as  Chaplains to the
students of Northern Michigan University in  Marquette. They would get
together two or three  times a week for  Coffee and to Talk shop. One day, someone
made the  comment that  preaching to people isn't really all that hard. A real
challenge  would be to preach to a bear. One thing led to another and  they
decided to do an experiment. They would all go out into the  woods,  find a
bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert  it.

Seven days  later, they're  all together to discuss their Experience.

Father Flannery, who has his arm in a sling, is on  crutches, and  has
various bandages on his body and limbs, goes first.  'Well,' he  says, 'I
went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I  found  him I began to read to
him from the Catechism. Well, that bear   wanted nothing to do with me and
began to slap me around. So I  quickly  grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and,
Holy Mary Mother  of God, he  became as gentle a lamb. The bishop is coming
out next  week to give him  first communion and Confirmation.'

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was  in a wheelchair, with an arm  and both
legs in casts, and an IV drip. In  his best fire and  brimstone
oratory he claimed, 'WELL brothers, you  KNOW that we  don't sprinkle! I went
out and I FOUND me a bear. And then I  began  to read to my bear from God's
HOLY WORD! But that bear Wanted   nothing to do with me. So I took HOLD of him
and we began to  wrestle. We  wrestled down one hill, UP another and DOWN
another  until we came to a  creek. So I quickly DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his
hairy soul. And just like  you said, he became as gentle as a lamb.  We spent the
rest of the day  praising Jesus.'

The Priest and the Reverend both looked down at the  Rabbi, who was  lying in
a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction  with  IV's and monitors
running in and out of him. He was in real bad   shape. The Rabbi looks up and
says, 'Looking back on it,  circumcision may  not have been the best way to
start.