[Rhodes22-list] Dam it - Gregg you are too good - try a sailing question

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jul 17 07:46:44 EDT 2007

Sailboats have been around a long time.  We are told they work by sail shape
and the concept of lift.  Bernoulli is somehow involved. The Wright brothers
used the first wind tunnel to compute their wing shapes.  We are told that
sails are vertical wings.  Ask the serious racers, like Peter T to tell the
importance of sail shape.

Now explain how a paper airplane with flat wings flies.  Keep in mind that a
good paper airplane does not just drop but can soar.

Take your time in answering; I do not expect to get to back on line until
this evening.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11647659/sucess.bmp sucess.bmp