[Rhodes22-list] Economics - More Good News - Except the foundation

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jul 17 17:54:06 EDT 2007

Brad:

Apparently what is not showing up in the inflation is the devaluation of the
dollar in the international exchange rates.

Your inflation rate is derived from the U. S. Dollar and changes inside the
U. S.  What Stan is finding that some of his hardware and line came from
overseas?  If he wants the same blocks on new or recycled Rhodes as he used
to use they cost twice as much to him if the company is still in business
and still makes the same product.  For some unknown reason, this is not
showing up in inflation?  Believe me, it is there.

The answer must be in the design of the inflation rate.  As you point out it
is done by government bureaucracy and it must have been designed to save
face for ...?

Another product whose price has gone thru the roof is paint.  It is oil
based, even the water clean up versions.  While the costs of a gallon of the
best product have gone up 100% in the last five years, it does not show up
in the inflation rate.

Believe me, there is something wrong with the inflation rate.

Ask Captain Rummy if the costs of reroofing have changed in the last couple
of years?

Maybe production costs are not having the impact in the numbers because so
little is made in the U.S. anymore?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11658525/times%2B%25238.bmp times+%238.bmp