[Rhodes22-list] Topping lift and whisker pole

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 09:18:16 EDT 2007

Rory,
I use a whisker pole with my 175, but don't need a topping lift, In fact,
even though I mounted an eye on the front of the mast, I usually just attach it
to one of the stays near the bottom. It makes it easier to deploy than
having to go forward. I can usually set it this way from inside the cabin. I  have
made some marks with a magic marker so I know how far out to adjust the  pole,
depending on sail placement and windage.

Rummy