[Rhodes22-list] Raising the Mast without a Crane

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jul 19 09:22:30 EDT 2007

We tried it once ourselves and couldn't do it. We were too short to
get the mast high enough by walking it forward and not strong enough
to do it from the cabin top without walking it forward. We then had
the yard where we were keeping the boat do it and they did such a
scary job of it that we plunked down our money with Stan and have
been happy campers with the GB mast raising system ever since. Not to
say you can't do it without the system - just reporting why we
couldn't. And yes, we could have engineered our own system but at
that point we decided to pay for one that was already engineered to
the specifics of this particular boat.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD