[Rhodes22-list] Alan on Raising the Mast without a Crane

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Jul 19 20:48:56 EDT 2007

Alan,
	Your post about raising the mast puts this whole list in perspective.  The
guys complaining and winning are half your age.  Your boat must be as old as
Stan?

	Have you considered getting a new boat with all the bells and whistles?
Then you could challenge Commodore Spitzer by saying he must build you a
motorized crane system.  What other goodies would make this a go?  Companion
way door could be a flat screen monitor hooked up to your GPS and computer
chart system so that you could see it from the tiller?  Heated coffee cup
holder on tiller?

	I am glad you are with us.  About two years ago we had a contemporary of
Stan turn in his boat, he said he was getting too old to sail.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "Communists and industrialists, tycoons and sailing bums, and
down to the last man, they are all great people.  The sea is the great
equalizer.  The challenge of the wind, water and the elements seems to bring
men closer and more equal than at any time in their lives.  Ashore they are
different, but at sea they have to depend upon each other." George O'Day