[Rhodes22-list] Alan on Raising the Mast without a Crane

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Sun Jul 22 21:27:34 EDT 2007

Dear Ed,
Thanks for the compliment and the chuckles. Great tongue-in-cheek humor re. Stan and customizing. I wouldn't get a new boat at this stage of life. Too much attached to the old one, & new Rhodes too expensive, "Stan said once that he couldn't afford a new one himself!!"
While CA middle aged son (51) is a better sailor than we, he claims the Rhodes is too small for the Pacific Coast sailing he does in rentals, like from Santa Cruz to Monterey Bay  area so we shouldn't leave it to him if and when..

So we'll just sail along with our charts, compass, parallel rulers and a 9.9 electric start long shaft Johnson 2 stroke, enjoying Island camping, boat sleeping and life in general. We'll probably saell our '83 via Boating U.S. listing or back to Stan in another 5-10 years. I feel sorry for Stan that neither of his and Rose's sons are interested in the business.
All the best to you. and yours
Alan Robertson