[Rhodes22-list] Q about topping lift

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 28 19:27:07 EDT 2007

Lou,
You might be able to attach the top of the Harken furler without using one of the halyards.  It just needs to stretch the sail upward, with halyard, a section of wire, or just another line pretending to be a halyard, maybe attached where the headstay is fastened.  It's nice to have those halyards otherwise available.  Push come to shove, you could fix a cheek block for the topping lift.  Also, you will possibly want a halyard available if you ever want to fly a spinnaker.
Art