[Rhodes22-list] Mast Crane

Charles Henthorn rexh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 30 20:39:26 EDT 2007

Art:
     Trip was great.   Trying to get my friend with the Seaward to use Stan's mast crane set up.  I saw it at Edenton when I picked up my Rhodes on a Seaward but didn't pay attention to its set up and how it varied from the Rhodes setup.   I was tempted to have Stan sell him the block attachment to the deck through which the winch is attached and then loan my winch to him when he lowered his mast but can't remember if Stan (or Elton) was using the mast crutch at the stern like I use on my Rhodes or whether the shrouds of the Seaward serve to keep the mast from swaying from side to side.  Did you see it?
  Rex
  P.S.   Here's a couple of pictures of the boom room you made for me.  All 17 cruisers with my club came over to see it and experience its privacy and space during the cruise.   Most of the comments were expressions of genuine admiration but several added comments expressing genuine envy.

"Arthur H. Czerwonky" <czerwonky at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Rex,
If some of these guys want to know what I used on an ODay 222, universal approach with a gin pole approach like Ed has suggested, I'll gladly share what I know. I have seen some pretty tenuous stepping/unstepping happenings, and like you really don't want to be a part of that stuff.
Hope your trip was enjoyable!
Art