[Rhodes22-list] Old style jib furler

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Jul 31 12:38:39 EDT 2007

At 11:48 AM 7/31/2007 -0400, Arthur H. Czerwonky wrote:
>The placement of the block for the furling line is important, but
>the system works well.  Rodger Rookey modified John Lock's tube with
>a top plate - he should have a picture - but with or without it is a winner.

See attached.  FYI - I made one modification to the set up that
Rodger installed.  Originally, there was a small block for the
furling line attached to that padeye you see on the deck.  I found
that this location was too low and, if there was any slack in the
line, the weight of the block would pull the furling line off the
spool and allow it to wrap around the headstay underneath...
ugh.  So, I mounted a fairlead on the stanchion next to the furler
and ran the furling line thru that instead.  The line wraps on the
spool much more reliably now.

Cheers!

John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22