[Rhodes22-list] Captain Rummy expecting company...

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sun Jun 10 10:46:45 EDT 2007

At 06:12 PM 6/8/2007 -0400, R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
>Ed,
>Not any different than any other Bass tournament that's been held on Lake
>Hartwell. With only 25 competitors, it's actually rather puny. The big
>tournaments have around 100 + fisherman. We refer to these high
>powered bass  boaters
>as bass herders. :)

The mantra on lake-living I repeat to myself is "this too shall
pass".  The bass tournaments are short-lived events.  There for a few
days and then gone.  The rest of the week is peaceful and quite wonderful.

I have a similar issue at my vacation condo in Cedar Key, FL.  There,
the local pestilence is airboats.  I'd much rather have bass boats
than window-rattling airboats.  Once a year there is a huge rally and
race for airboats in Cedar Key.  They all gather early in the morning
at the local beach and launch together.  I can imagine what Pearl
Harbor must have sounded like.

But it's only once a year and then we only have a few locals who use
them regularly.  The most ironic ones though are the commercial
operators who advertise "wildlife tours".  HA!  You'll see wildlife
alright, briefly... and only from the rear as they flee in all
directions.  And people pay money for this!

Cheers!

John Lock