[Rhodes22-list] Summer Books

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 07:45:06 EDT 2007

Mary Lou,

If you like "River Horse" then read "Hunting Mr. Heartbreak" by Jonathan
Rabin and "Mississippi Solo" by Eddie Harris, both are stories of solo trips
in a small boat down the full length of the Mississippi River. Rabin, a
Seattle based Englishman, also wrote "Passage to Juneau" about a sailing
trip through the Inside Passage.  Harris, a black writer from St. Louis,
wrote a wonderful tale about walking from the north of Africa to the tip of
South Africa called "Native Stranger".  Heat-Moon has two other books I
haven't read, "Columbus in the Americas", and "This Land is Your Land:
Across America by Air".  So many good books and so little time!

Brad