[Rhodes22-list] Books was Re: Reply to David Bradley, Diane Russell, Jeff Herbert, David V. Williams, Mary Lou Troy, et. al.

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat Jun 16 09:06:20 EDT 2007

Now Ed, if you search the archives and pay
attention you will know that I'm the chatty one
in this household.  Fred's around.

We're not practicing avoidance - we're just lazy.
It takes a lot of time and effort to create a
list like the NG one that Brad mentioned.

I'll tell you a few of my favorite recent
nautical reads (Merrick "Cruising at Last" and
Richards "Princess") but I'm not about to spend
time creating a book list that I could be
spending sailing, gardening, traveling, reading
or working (no longer in the library biz - just
doing marketing for a local music venue).

There are nautical books lists out there. Some
good places to start are
http://www.boat-links.com/naut-lit.html for
nautical fiction and
http://euler.sfasu.edu/booklists/nautnonf.html or
http://www.natrix.demon.nl/zeilboek.html for
nonfiction. Unfortunately none of these lists
have been updated recently probably because it is
time and labor intensive.  If anyone knows of updated lists, please post.

BTW, if anyone is visiting the Chesapeake in the
St. Michaels area there is a great nautical book
store on Tilghman Island called the Book Bank.
They are also online at
http://www.crawfordsnautical.com/   Rory, how do
you ever get anything done with that right down the road.

Mary Lou

At 08:21 AM 6/16/2007, you wrote:
>David:      After reading your reply, you are a
>woosh letting Bob Keller swipe at your home
>place.  Read his comment as drunken
>derogation.  Read his comment to Rummy, he must
>have been on something
 Diane,       Jim Lannge