[Rhodes22-list] Taylormade Anchor Shade

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 13:04:39 EDT 2007

velcro. and the tents and poles are readily available at 2nd hand stores or garage sales. the tents also have pockets in the corners which can be attached to the corners of the boat to hold the pole ends. the only thing about them is, you now have a dome instead of a square, and the poles come in at an arched angle cutting off usefull area. doesn't do anything for those boats with seats either. rummy said it best: hats are much cheaper.

John Lock <jlock at relevantarts.com> wrote:  At 11:33 PM 6/19/2007 -0700, john Belanger wrote:
>not over the boom, under it. ratchet straps and legs at the corners.
>anchored in an x pattern and pvc across the arc like a suspension
>bridge to keep up the middle of an arch. just hang your material,
>sunbrella, hankerchief cotton, whatever, with velcro straps. hard to
>describe but i think it would work.

Reading this thread I've been thinking much the same thing, but I was
considering a crossover from backpacking technology. Those
segmented, shock-corded tent poles (fiberglass/aluminum) would stow
away nicely and snap together quickly to raise the top. The ends
could be fitted into sockets at the outside corners of the cockpit
area. Just need to figure out how to get the shade material in place.

Cheers!

John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA