[Rhodes22-list] Going green

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 11:17:06 EDT 2007

i have to admit my ignorance on this but if a piece of nuke fuel is "depleted" why is dumping it a problem. and if there is still energy in it why can't it be recharged or small pieces used in some other device using less power like a flashlight?

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:  Brad,
You have so little faith in mankind. If we were to believe you, we would all
be driving fuel guzzling Hummers, but we're not.
Nuclear is not the solution for the simple reason that we do not have a long
term storage solution for the waste. Sure, build the nukes now and let our
children's grandchildren deal with the problem. No thanks, not for me. I like
to be responsible for my own actions and not dump it into someone else's lap.

Rummy