[Rhodes22-list] Going green

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 16:46:15 EDT 2007

Rummy,

Sorry to leave you alone to solve the energy problem, I've been in class all
day as a student not the instructor.  We studied, among other things, fuel
conservation and terrorism.

Where the hell did you get the idea I support Hummers (the driving kind, not
the Bill Clinton type).  Over the years I've been very consistent about
promoting high-mileage vehicles, but hey, if you want to drive a Hummer and
you've got the money, knock yourself out!  France gets over 80% of their
electricity from nukes and they'll build one for you for a price.  The fact
that you are a rouge nation is immaterial (think Iraq or Iran) and they
aren't worried about the burial (their method) of the spent fuel.  The
alternative to letting our children's grandchildren deal with spent nuclear
fuel (an over-hyped issue IMHO) is to leave our children's grandchildren to
deal with Hubbert's Peak (a certainty with only the timing of the end game
unknown).  If you are really serious about being responsible for your own
actions,  quit buying into the ethanol scam and do some research outside of
the Corn Growers Association, ethanol producers (think ADM), and Midwestern
politicos.  BTW, it was in the news yesterday, China has surpassed us in CO2
output.  I'll continue to act responsibly, and so will you.  The real
question is what will 1.3 Billion (with a B) slant-eyes do?  Right now they
are into hydro and nukes. Oh yeah, the Indians (red dots, not feathers) are
right behind them.

Brad