[Rhodes22-list] Going green - many ways

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Jun 21 21:33:18 EDT 2007

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
> Obtaining energy from many sources is a good solution including the
> increasingly popular wind turbines. Vast arrays of solar panels can help. There  is
> not a single source solution to the problem. It has many aspects that have to
> be addressed.
> Rummy
I agree with Rummy - in that no single answer is THE answer.
Also, we cannot say that any particular answer will always
be wrong.  Things change.

Keeping all possible solutions in play, and letting each
find its acceptance level de jour will ensure that we have
options as prices, costs, availabilities, and consequences
vary over time.

As we consider the nuclear option, we would do well to
think of the consequences of nuclear material getting into
the hands of people with no desire to live and let live.

The concentration of potentially harmful power in such
portable form has to be tempting.  Imagine the result of
a dirty bomb in Manhattan.

Part of the cost of the existing worldwide push toward
nuclear power generation is the requirement that Homeland
Security concentrate on dealing with this mega threat,
not the constant harassment of those who must travel by
air.

/Robert
of an airliner.