[Rhodes22-list] Iraq - It is still there!

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 17:38:14 EDT 2007

i'd like to reply intelligently, but i don't have enough facts. either our leaders have a good idea of what they are trying to do, but can't let us know because its top secret, or they have made so many errors that to really tell the truth they have to all resign and they are not about to resign. so they lie to us in order to gain time. if we really wanted to win,(whatever that means), we would stop this asinine policy of hot spot warfare and go back to frontal war. it was easy to tell the good guys from the bad guys when you have a frontline. we made the same mistake in vietnam and korea. we think we can have, and win in, a local conflict without alarming neighboring states and religions. its like doing surgery without monitoring the life signs.

Brad Haslett <flybrad at gmail.com> wrote:   While we are choosing the cut of our next mainsail, kids are still dying in
Iraq. Mostly, they are killed from IEDs, enhanced with C4 from Iran (semtex
too), but other sources as well. Sorry too spoil your otherwise pleasant day
but twenty-year-old kids have their asses at risk as we speak, while in
cyberspace, we mentally masturbate about defending your right to bitch about
why they are there, OR, we debate the cut of our mainsail. Go sailing on
the 4th of July and forget about all that died to make that holiday happen.
I can't blame you for not having a clue about what is happening in Iraq
right now, why should you care when there is so much more interesting news
happening. Did Paris eat a snatch in prison? Inquiring minds want to
know! I don't know what your plans on the 4th are but I'm taking the
CoraShen out and flying the flag. Why can't we all get along? The Germans
just wanted a little territory and a few less Jews. No problem there.
Right? Sorry for spoiling an otherwise great sail but wake up folks! Your
weekend sailing satisfaction is not guaranteed! The war that is nothing
more than a bumper sticker might just blow-up right in your face. Happy
4th! (I'll be gone until the 6th of July so the world is your
responsibility. Good Luck!

Brad