[Rhodes22-list] Salty Dog

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Jun 26 13:06:26 EDT 2007

We just rescued an 18-month old lab mix from the pound.  The dog loves the
water and my wife thinks it would be a great idea to take him on the boat.
Doesn't sound so good to me.  I know a lot of you have sea dogs and I'd
appreciate your advice.

1.  Aside from preventing separation anxiety, do you think the dog would
enjoy it?  I wouldn't take him on an amusement park ride.

2.  How do you get him back in the boat?  I assume he's around 100 pounds
wet, and I don't think I could train him to use the swim ladder.  Not that I
really want a wet dog in my boat anyway.

I'm obviously looking for reasons to leave the poor pooch at home, but if
you think otherwise, please let me know.  I'll be selective when I pass the
information on to the Admiral.

Thanks!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease