[Rhodes22-list] AQ a Terror Threat?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:23:36 EDT 2007

Art,

You just hit the 'mother lode'.  The root word of terrorism is terror.  They
can't possibly take us on frontally so they fight  asymmetrically. When you
look at the hassle it is to get on an airplane to go visit Grandma, you
realize how successful that attack was.  And yet, trust me on this, the
hassle is necessary because they will duplicate 9/11 in a heartbeat if given
the chance.  It was interesting that they (AQ) released a video of a
'graduation' ceremony last week.  Whether these 'graduates' can actually
infiltrate our country is beside the point, the fear they generate is the
point.  9/11 was meant to wreck our economy. It damaged it but we
recovered.  They are very, very media savvy.  What they can't win in battle
they will try and  win in the media.  Vietnam was not lost in the jungles,
it was lost on the 5 o'clock news.  AQ knows this and adapts very quickly.
This is a long war.  Let's hope we have the attention span!

Brad