[Rhodes22-list] Americas Cup

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jun 26 15:14:49 EDT 2007

Wally,
I agree it was a great race but I think they cut the jib sheet (after
rigging another sheet) so they could tack. As fouled as it was
(spinnaker cloth and jib sheet entangled through the block), they
couldn't tack without cutting the sheet. In fact they had to cut it
in two places when they did come about. And even then it was still
fouled in the new leeward block although they were able to tack out
of that one before it became the mess it was on port tack. It's
amazing to me that they were still in it all after such a screw-up.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD