[Rhodes22-list] may I have some help, please?

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Fri Jun 29 13:17:38 EDT 2007

Peter,
What file extension is the package you receive?  I'm guessing it's been
"zipped" (compressed) before it's sent to you.  I poked around the rhodes22
mail system and it appears the achieves are Gzip'd (extension .gz).  I
hunted around and found this site
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Ftp/uncompress.html

if you follow the links there, you eventually get to:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gzip/gzip.html

which might have the utility you need to open the files.

see if this gets you headed in the right direction. - Rob