[Rhodes22-list] Branches of Government

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 08:14:15 EDT 2007

In one of my earlier posts (to Ed) I stated one could make a case that
Cheney was in neither of the 3 branches.....the Constitution is really vague
on this. One thing for sure the Constitution does not list the VP a member
of Legislative Branch. My complaint was Cheney stated he has been in the
Executive and then Legislative branch to suit his needs.

Past precedent has usually put VP in Executive branch for budget reasons. It
does seem now that Cheney's counsel is taking the position that the VP is in
none of the 3 branches. There does seem to be room for debate on this
subject.. So Ed no need to be embarrassed for anyone.... it seems Cheney
does not agree with your position any longer. He has changed his mind and
his legal position is the VP is not in the legislative branch or any other
branch. The Washington Post has a 4 part piece on Cheney.See link below.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/cheney/chapters/chapter_1/

Wally