[Rhodes22-list] Standard main rigging

Gary Lockhart gary_lockhart33 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 10:07:39 EDT 2007

've been doing the best I can but I know I am missing something to get the main rigged right so I can go to windward. Attached are photos of the main tack on the gooseneck and the outhaul. The tack doesn't look right (bolt rope pulled up from boom track). What should the attachment be?  On the boom is a  block with  no obvious function, what is it?  (The  line attached to  it is too short for reefing and placed wrong for outhaul.)  I've gone thru the  archive without finding  what I need.  John, I think your boat is similar, what does your boom look like?

Gary
s/v Coquina '79 Rhodes Continental 22