[Rhodes22-list] Standard main rigging

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sat Jun 30 10:19:55 EDT 2007

At 07:07 AM 6/30/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>I've been doing the best I can but I know I am missing something to
>get the main rigged right so I can go to windward. Attached are
>photos of the main tack on the gooseneck and the outhaul. The tack
>doesn't look right (bolt rope pulled up from boom track). What
>should the attachment be?  On the boom is a  block with  no obvious
>function, what is it?  (The  line attached to  it is too short for
>reefing and placed wrong for outhaul.)  I've gone thru the  archive
>without finding  what I need.  John, I think your boat is similar,
>what does your boom look like?

Well first - your photo didn't come thru so maybe you could send it
to me directly, rather than thru the list.

Also, I know that my mast/boom are not standard and are something
like a "tall rig" for the R22.  The gooseneck is fixed and the boom
is set up for roller reefing (i.e. I roll the main around the boom to reef).

But send the photo and I can post it for you.  My e-mailer seems to
do attachments compatible with the list.

Cheers!

John Lock