[Rhodes22-list] computer virus and elle

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Mar 1 10:58:42 EST 2007

Rummy,

We've got an apartment in NYC that we only use sometimes.  I used to
have a cable connection, but I got tired of paying for something I
didn't use most of the time, so I decided to rely on my cell phone modem
instead.

What I found was that my laptop picked up a dozen WiFi connections
before I could plug into the slower modem.

I still get a dozen WiFi connections, but all of the PC connections are
now secure.  I have to select from the 2 remaining Apple connections.

Recently I noticed I could pick up my neighbor's TiVo on my computer,
too.  I don't particularly like my neighbor, but I figure it's wrong to
switch his channels when I want to watch something else.

Bill Effros