[Rhodes22-list] Apple virtuality

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Mar 1 21:17:01 EST 2007

Thank you, Mr. Lipton.

I am guessing that Fermi LINUX is grown in Fermi Labs?

The rest of the info is quite illuminating - that XP
is happy without having its own dedicated hardware is
quite a testament to the "parallels Desktop".

Can LINUX and XP be executing simultaneously?

Can they share file systems?

If you can spare a minute...
/Robert
Ronald Lipton wrote:

> I am using parallels Desktop.  The parallels software is pretty
> transparent.  The internet
> connections are passed though.  You can't tell it's an Apple if you
> don't look at the
> case. I installed windows XP, and registered it normally. I use Fermi
> Scientific Linux,
> which is a home grown extension of Red Hat.
>
> Ron
> On Mar 1, 2007, at 5:02 PM, Robert Skinner wrote:
>
> > Ronald Lipton wrote:
> >> ... I have
> >> windows and Linux installed and can run them as virtual machines...
> >
> > Very interesting -- and it raises questions:
> >
> > * What virtual engine are you using?
> > * Are you running stock Windows?
> >    - if so,
> >         = what version?
> >         = does it "phone home?"
> >    - if not, what package?
> > * What version of LINUX are you using?
> >
> > Hope you can spare a moment to help w/ answers.
> >
> > thank you,
> > /Robert

Robert Skinner               "Squirrel Haven"
9 Gateway Commons, Gorham, Maine   04038-1331
Home/Messages 207-839-8777, Cell 207-653-1752