[Rhodes22-list] "Make me the President for one day"

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Mar 7 05:50:49 EST 2007

"Make me the President for one day and I'll solve the problem in the US,”
said Brad O’Hasslett.  We here know that you would not have done worse than
the last few who held office, so go for it.

Generally speaking, to get elected in USA, you need to be from one of the
two major parties.  Although, I believe the right candidate might win on an
independent or third party the next time around.  I understand that in some
states you cannot get on the ballot as an independent, contrary to popular
thought.  So do you plan to run on one of the major parties or third parties
or completely as independent.

Brad O’Hasslett said, “That won't happen because I'd have to make a campaign
speech in Iowa and would tell the Corn Growers Association that corn based
ethanol is the biggest energy loser ever hoisted on US taxpayers and as soon
as I'm elected it will stop.”  You usually do your homework, however,
recently I came across information that might make your reasoning and facts
incorrect.  I request that you go back and restudy this issue.  You might
find the net result is a slight positive depending on the cost of gas.  And
the way ethanol combust may have less damaging results.  So at the very
least, you would not have to aggitate that group, just keep it neutral.

Brad, you are at the perfect age.  You have a good education.  While your
management experience is not that strong, you could make sure that you have
a competent and honest staff and insure success.

When do we start?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  “I will appeal to the leaders that are coming here to really step
up to the plate and accept the challenge and show leadership.”   Kofi Annan