[Rhodes22-list] kitecam

ASNOOCH at aol.com ASNOOCH at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 13:09:45 EST 2007

Bill
The reliability of the RC Helicopter is really a matter of a significant
practice. I also hold a commercial pilot's license for over 30 years.... and
have a limited amount of full-size helicopter time... and I believe the learning
curve and reliability is similar large to small... The aircraft is
easier/more  forgiving  to fly  under most conditions than the  helicopter.    As a
Mobjack, or Lightining  is to a Rhodes  22.  However they shine in different
areas, and have the potential of  causing brown pants in others.

Now to risk flying a copter off the deck of my ship.... would include the
risk of thousands of $$ plunging into the sea...

I primarily fly a four engine, lithium powered, gyroscopic, heat sensing
unit, with a single fixed color movie and still camera. It is tied into a Dell
Inspiron laptop.  My flight time is aprox. 15 minutes, and max. altitude  over
1,000 feet.  I can supply websites of mfgs. who will supply parts or  whole
set ups... including research and military surveliance... Available are
eyeglasses that would provide a realtime video view of the helicoper's direction  of
travel/ view, etc.. Cameras could easily be waterproofed.

Burt
http://www.aol.com.